Friday, April 23, 2010

Having a Ball in Texas 9-16th April 2010


Well I said goodbye to Kash and headed off to Dallas Fort-Worth Texas to see Alecia & David and meet their kids Amanda, Stephen, Nicole & Danielle. I was a little apprehensive (I haven't seen Alecia in 15 years), but was put at ease the minute she & the kids picked me up from the airport. They welcomed me into their home and family and I wish I had stayed longer than a week. I loved every minute of my time in Texas (and wish we lived closer together).

Even though David and Alecia have lived in Texas for over 10 years they had never been to the rodeo. So on Saturday night we all went to the rodeo in Fort-Worth



I can't believe I let Alecia talk me in to getting on the long-horn steer It was so high the old cowboy had to give me a boost up - I'm sure I was very graceful he,he)


On Sunday we went to church and I can see why they like going there. All of Alecia & David's friends were so welcoming and friendly and it had a nice family feel to it. Sunday afternoon we went for a walk around the neighbourhood. There is the loveliest pond one street away (the kids are excited to take me fishing))

The Lovely Everett Family: Alecia, David, Nicole, Amanda, Stephen & Danielle (in pram)

Alecia is a "Supermum". She home schools all of the kids (amazing) but they also take some supplementary classes. Stephen & Nicole go to art class but I was privileged to be able to go to Amanda's science class where I got to watch her dissect a grasshopper (the biggest grasshopper I have ever seen - Well I guess they do say everything is bigger in Texas). Her teacher was absolutely lovely (I had a fun, if somewhat squeamish time).


I think I'll stick to the plastic one & leave the real one to Amanda


Ready or not here I go!!!


All Done (notice the poor grasshoppers bits on the piece of paper)

After Science the kids all participate in Son Soccer. The coach is Amanda's science teacher. Don't they look cute in their uniforms



Danielle & I have a game of Soccer


How cute is she!!!!

The kids were really excited to go fishing at the pond so David (very kindly) picked up some worms on his way home from work and off we went.


Nicole is such a sweetie she let me use her Barbie fishing rod and it proved to be lucky. I caught one in about 30n seconds - Wow!!!

We were very dedicated we were still fishing as the sun went down. I caught another one (I think you can tell by my face I wasn't sure if I was happy about that). I love that Danielle was more curious about me than about the fish (I was a bit of a girl about it).

On Wednesday we had a lovely day. We started off with a visit to the Botanical Gardens and then moved on to the zoo.















































Thanks to Alecia (I lifted 2 photo's off her Facebook page)

No comments:

Post a Comment